Thursday 28 November 2013

Wh- Questions

QUESTION WORD
MEANING
EXAMPLE
who
person (quién)
Who's that? That's Nancy.
where
place (dónde)
Where do you live? I live in Boston.
why
reason (por qué)
Why do you go to English class?
Because I want to learn English.
when
time (cuándo)
When do you go to work? At 7:00
how
manner (cómo)
How do you go to work? I go by car.
what
object, idea, action (qué)
What do you do? I am an engineer.
which
choice (cuál, de entre una selección)
Which one do you prefer?
The red one.
what kind
description (qué tipo)
What kind of music do you like?
I like quiet songs.
what time
time (qué hora)
What time do you come home?
how many
quantity (countable) (cuántos/as)
How many students do you have?
I have 30 students.
how much
amount, price
(uncountable) (cuánto/a)
How much time do we have?
Ten minutes.
how old
age (cuántos años)
How old are you? I'm 16.

Exercises to practise:
Choose the Wh- word
Complete the questions
Form the questions

No comments:

Post a Comment